Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Geisha in pastel


This is the first card that I have made with techniques from the Technique Junkie newsletter for Feb. The background has been created with the oil pastel gesso. I really like the technique but the only downfall is that the pastel tends to rub off the card onto other surfaces. The stamps is by Good Stamps Stamp Good and coloured with pencils blended with mineral spirit.
I have enjoyed this technique and have already made several other cards using it. Keep an eye out over the next few weeks for other samples. I wonder how it would look with black gesso.

1 comment:

MeandLilG said...

Hi there! Dead jealous of where you are.....

Thanks for your comment on my red dress card - it was actually a gold peel-off that I layered onto the same paper.

Love your Geisha card - really stylish xxx