Monday, August 18, 2008

Poppies

These red poppies always cheer me up. For some reason it is tricky to get this to stamp well but when it works, it is a lovely stamp. I am not sure who makes it - I have had it for about 10 years now and it is unmounted so there is no brand name on it. I have stamped it in black and then used the Twinkling H2Os to colour it. I embossed the red card with my Cuttlebug. I am not convinced that it is the right texture for this stamp but I wasn't sure which one to use instead. Next time I will try a different embossing plate.

1 comment:

SherylH said...

Hi Kathy -- just popped over from OSA to see your challenge card (very nice) and continued on down your posts. I love this poppy stamp -- it may be from Jim Stephens as I have a smaller version from him that is similar (http://www.jimstephan.net/pages/10-ChineseScreens.html)